Friday, March 14, 2014

Walk, Trot, Canter

I don't think I've said that I take horseback riding lessons yet. Well, I do. On a horse named Dolly. She's not mine, but I guess "renting" her is part of the lesson cost. Let me tell you: a lot of people think horseback riding isn't exercise. They are just wrong. It is exercise for body and mind. You have to concentrate on a million nitty gritty details all the while exercising muscles you didn't even know you had. Not exactly just sitting on a horse. Ha. Wish it were that easy.
And someday, someday I'll be riding a little Icelandic horse of my own through the woods near my little farm. And I'll use that horse instead of a tractor to tend my crops. It's going to be fantastic. It'll be hard. It will be breathtaking. And most importantly, it will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment