Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sewing

Today I went to sewing class wearing a linen circle skirt that I made. I haven't worn that skirt in so long, I forgot what a pleasure it is to wear it. The light fabric twirls around my legs in a graceful motion. When I turn the light material flares out and it makes me happy to watch my skirt until I'm dizzy. It sounds vain and girlish, but you have no idea how much work went into that skirt, my first garment I ever made. I know every embarrassing secret it has, every memory stitched into every curvy, imperfect hem. I love them all. If you have not worn a thing you made, whether it be mittens you knitted or a full-length ball gown you painstakingly stitched  by hand, I urge you to try making some of your own clothes. It is, to say the least, awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment