Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Earth Hour

Saturday, March 29th, 8:30 - 9:30 pm is Earth Hour. Famous landmarks, businesses, and ordinary citizens will be turning off their lights for one hour to raise awareness to protect our wonderful Earth. It's more than that, though. It's a time for people to take action about the state our world is in. This video explains it better than I ever could:
I propose that on this day, at least 50 people plant something to eat, whether it be a row of 500 cabbage plants or just a little pea plant in a pot inside an apartment. Take a video of you planting with a candle if it's during the hour. Do it outside (if you can where you live) or under a little incandescent light bulb. Just plant. Plant food. And I want to see your food being planted! Make your most creative planting arrangement, or an inspirational planting project. Do your best work and I'll feature you on this blog and do my best to make you famous. Support my Earth Hour project, and you will get unmistakably good karma: food! I don't care if you live in the tiniest urban apartment or on 5,000 acres, you CAN plant something! And I hope you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment