Monday, February 17, 2014

Death

Today I woke up to a dead young guinea pig.
I was devastated when I heard the news. I cried. But now she is in the ground with wild flower seeds over her grave, and I have to move on. There's no sense in letting death get in the way of life when there is so much to do, so many places to see before you, too, die. And when I die, I hope that somebody plants wildflowers on my grave, and somebody is there to shed a few tears, but I hope that they won't let my death ruin their life. Death is a part of life. There's no stopping it. I'd be willing to bet that an animal, a plant, or a person, dies every second. But I'd also be willing to bet that in the same second, a seedling emerges from rich soil, a baby kicks and screams its way into the world, whether it be human or animal, or a chick emerges with curious eyes from an eggshell. So let's all focus on life, not death. Death is sad, but it makes life possible. Where would us humans and rabbits and guinea pigs be if the dinosaurs never died? We would never have even existed. We should honor death and the dead, always, but as we do we honor new life, the wildflowers on the grave.
Rest in Peace, CelloBella

No comments:

Post a Comment