Monday, June 9, 2014

Monarch Chrysalis

When I visited and gave an egg to one of my more interesting neighbors just now, she in turn gave me a little monarch-chrysalis-raising kit and asked me if I would like to raise a monarch butterfly. Of course, I enthusiastically agreed and she gave me direction on how to raise my little butterfly friend. When she showed me that little chrysalis, I was in awe. I have never seen such beauty come from one little insect. It looks like an intricate pendant that one might wear to a fancy dinner party. It is exactly the color of jade, with big swirls all over, and it looks like little gold beads have been inlaid in the perfect places. And it is all made by one little caterpillar.
The chrysalis should hatch within the week, and that is why I post now, on a weekday, because this way you can watch the drama unfold its wings and fly off into the sky.
To end this post, picture!
It's not high quality, but you get the gist. Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I would like some earrings that look exactly like that! It doesn't even look like a chrysalis. I wish I had neighbors like that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I live in a great neighborhood. And the chrysalis is very beautiful. Check out this link. http://www.juderose.com/chrysalis.htm

    ReplyDelete